Florida defense counsel provided an opinion piece suggesting that the victims of tractor trailer accidents should be precluded from obtaining all discovery from a trucking company based upon relevancy concerns. This is a dangerous proposition for a host of reasons, including stymieing any ability of the victim to seek punitive damages, address claims for negligent or intentional destruction of evidence, or fully defend against a comparative negligence defense.
Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.
Benefits of a Digital Membership:
- Free access to 3 articles* every 30 days
- Access to the entire ALM network of websites
- Unlimited access to the ALM suite of newsletters
- Build custom alerts on any search topic of your choosing
- Search by a wide range of topics
Click here to access the Public Notices and the Courts sections of the The Daily Business Review in PDF format.
Already have an account? Sign In Now
Credit: Source link