WILMINGTON — The food truck tracker is a place to find where your favorite trucks will be this week. It lists events open to the public, not catering events for offices and private parties.
Both state and New Hanover County officials have asked all residents to stay home. While food trucks (and other curbside and delivery-only) restaurants are currently exempt from mandatory closures, public health officials continue to ask those waiting in line to please adhere to social distancing regulations (i.e. staying six feet apart).
There’s also been plenty of concern about what is and isn’t ‘safe’ during the outbreak. According to best practices assembled by the NC State Extension, based on guidance issued by the CDC and FDA, delivery and take out food — including food served from food trucks — is a “very low.”
Want to see your favorite on this list? Run a food truck and want to be included? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food truck tracker Monday, April 13 – Sunday, April 19
T’Geaux Boys – Serving traditional New Orleans cuisine featuring PoBoys, frenchbread grilled cheese, Creole rice dishes, crawfish mac, vegan and gluten-free options.
- All private events, for now.
Poor Piggy’s BBQ – Traditional North Carolina-style barbecue and southern food, now with three trucks in the Wilmington area; two of the trucks serve classic BBQ, and the ‘Goin’ Ham’ truck serves burgers.
- Delivery and catering options — find info and contact here.
Port City Que – Brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and other serious barbecue classics. Based out of Rocky Point, but spotted all over Wilmington.
- Online/phone ordering.
- Email: Portcityque2017@gmail.com
- Phone: 910-833-2381
- Find locations here
Bill’s Front Porch – Food truck launched by Wilmington craft brewery and restaurant. Event planners can request just about anything off the restaurant’s menu.
WilmyWoodie – The region’s first wood-fired pizza oven on wheels, this food truck’s 1000-degree oven can cook a pizza in less than two minutes.
- For now, no events scheduled.
A&M’s Red Food Truck – Classic sliders and tacos, featuring beef, pork, chicken, fish, and vegan options. A&M is also known (and loved) for their “loaded tots.”
- Tuesday, April 14 – 135 Horndale Drive, Monkey Junction 4:30 – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 16 – Pender Government Complex, Burgaw 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 17 – Brunswick County Offices, Bolivia 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
CheeseSmith – CheeseSmith is one of Wilmington’s newest food trucks, serving new takes on the classic grilled cheese each week.
- You can find the latest CheeseSmith events on Facebook and on Instagram at @CheeseSmithCo.
Joe Loves Lobster Rolls – Chef Tony Herndon brings his award-winning lobster rolls to Wilmington. Herndon serves until the lobster runs out — and it usually runs out. Check out the counter-service restaurant in Boiling Spring Lakes.
- No events planned — takeout still available at BSL location.
Lane’s Ferry– The Pender County institution returns, this time hitting the road with its popular burgers.
For the Shell of It – Bringing New England to Coastal NC! Great Lobster inspired food truck now available to cater to public and private events in New Hanover, Pender and Onslow Counties. Serving whole steamed lobster, lobster bisque, lobster mac and cheese and more!
- Wednesday, April 15 – Salty Turtle 4 – 7 p.m.
Catch the Food Truck – The spinoff of Keith Rhodes’ Catch restaurant, serving all kinds of seafood.
- No public events this week, check back next time!
Trolly Stop – Classic hotdogs, homemade topping, founded in 1976.
- Monday, April 13 – Saturday, April 18 – Auto Dentz, 6412 Market St. 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Monday, April 13 – Saturday, April 18 – WA WA Alterations, 925 S. College Road 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 15 – Alcami 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Soulful Twist – Low country food, with a twist.
- Take out and some delivery
- Call for details: 910-622-2628
Papadom’s Singing Sangwich Truck — Singing and sandwiches, including the classic Italian sausage roll, Latin-style roast pork, and the spiedie sandwich (upstate New York’s answer to shishkabob, on a sandwich).
- Wednesday, April 15 – Eagle Island Seafood 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thursday, April 16 – Eagle Island Seafood 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 17 – Pender Emergency Services 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 17 – Sam’s Club, Wilmington 3 – 6 p.m.
Donut Bus – A converted school bus serving up fresh donuts, with flavors like Maple Bacon and Strawberry Shortcake. Get the latest on Facebook.
Southern Comfort Food Truck
2 Bro’s Coastal Cuisine – New menus posted daily on Facebook.
Find a location
- Alcami — 2320 Scientific Park Drive
- Bottega — 723 N. 4th St.
- Bradly Creek Marina — 6338 Oleander Drive
- Broomtail Craft Brewing — 6404 Amsterdam Way
- Burnt Mill Creek — 2101 Market St.
- Cargo District — 1608 Queen St.
- Downtown Sundown Concerts / Riverfront Park — 5 N. Water St.
- Fermental — 7250 Market St.
- Flytrap Brewing — 319 Walnut St.
- Health Department — 2029 S. 17th St.
- Mad Mole Brewing — 6309 Boathouse Road
- Makai Brewing Co. — 5850 Ocean Hwy W Unit 1, Ocean Isle Beach
- NHRMC Emergency Department North — 151 Scotts Hill Medical Drive
- NHRMC — 1415 Physicians Drive
- Poplar Grove Plantation — 10200 US-17
- Red Hare Brewing — 4802 Main St., Shallotte
- Residence Inn — 1200 Culbreth Drive
- Seaglass Salvage Maret — 1987 Andrew Jackson Highway
- Sour Barn — 7211 Market St.
- Waterline Brewing — 721 Surry St.
Credit: Source link