Customers began gambling at video gaming terminals this week at four Love’s Travel Stops in Pennsylvania.
The video gaming terminals, which are similar to slot machines at a casino, are now in operation as of Thursday at 1165 Harrisburg Pike In Middlesex Township near Carlisle; at 3700 Mountain Road in Upper Bern Township near Hamburg in Berks County and at 440 W. 3rd St. In Mifflin Township near Mifflinville in Columbia County. Video gaming terminals were officially turned on for the first time on Friday at 22 Old Forge Road in Union Township, Lebanon County near Jonestown.
Swatara Township-based Second State Gaming, an authorized video gaming terminal operator in Pennsylvania, will oversee, operate and maintain the video gaming terminals at these four locations. Second State Gaming said its machines go through rigorous testing and undergo a validation process to ensure they meet compliance with national and state standards in order to be approved by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
“We’re thrilled to be able to provide truck stop owners in Pennsylvania with new state-approved gaming options,” Jennifer Caruso, vice president of operations for Second State Gaming said in a press release.
Licensed truck stop video gaming terminal locations in Pennsylvania can host up to five gaming machines in an approved video gaming room.
Video Gaming Terminal also known as VGTS operate in a similar way to a slot machine in a casino with each play random of the previous play. VGTs will only accept cash, not credit or debit cards, and winnings must be paid through a redemption machine. By law, the maximum bet on a VGT will be $5 with a maximum payout of $1,000. VGT’s can only be located in “Truck Stop Establishments” that meet a number of requirements including a certain number of parking spaces for commercial motor vehicles and they must also have a convenience store and must be a PA Lottery Sales Agent. Customers must be at least 21 to operate a VGT.
There are 33 gaming terminals in the state, according to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board including:
- 1. Bald Eagle Truck Stop – 612 McElhattan Drive, McElhattan
- 2. Emlenton Truck Plaza – 6446 Emlenton-Clinton Road, Emlenton
- 3. Keystone Restaurant & Truck Stop – 190 Keystone Road, Loretto
- 4. Kwik-Fill – 5574 PA-8, Harrisville
- 5. Kwik-Fill – 73 Rolling Stone Road, Kylertown
- 6. Kwik Fill – 1001 East Spring St., Titusville
- 7. Lawrence Exxon – 13305 Highway 44, Lawrenceville,
- 8. Liberty Exxon – 8489 Rt. 414, Liberty
- 9. Love’s Travel Stop – 22 Old Forge Road, Jonestown
- 10. Love’s Travel Stop – 1165 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle
- 11. Love’s Travel Stop – 440 West Third Street, Mifflinville
- 12. Love’s Travel Stop – 3700 Mountain Road, Hamburg
- 13. Rutter’s Store – 100 Grand Street, Hamburg
- 14. Rutter’s Store – 20 Commerce Drive, York
- 15. Rutter’s Store – 201 Cool Springs Road, Wrightsville
- 16. Rutter’s Store – 2125 Susquehanna Trail, York
- 17. Rutter’s Store – 234 Kuhn Lane, Duncansville
- 18. Rutter’s Store – 27335 Route 75 North, Mifflintown
- 19. Rutter’s Store – 3050 Heidlersburg Road, York Springs
- 20. Rutter’s Store – 362 North Main Street, York
- 21. Rutter’s Store – 368 Lewisberry Road, New Cumberland
- 22. Rutter’s Store – 4425 West Market Street, York
- 23. Rutter’s Store – 20 Commerce Drive, Milroy
- 24. Rutter’s Store – 15 New Enterprise Drive, Leesport
- 25. Rutter’s Store – 77 Benvenue Road, Duncannon
- 26. Rutter’s Store – 2215 Old Trail Road, Etters
- 27. Rutter’s Store – 2115 East Berlin Road, East Berlin
- 28. Snow Shoe Travel Plaza – Interstate 80, Snow Shoe
- 29. Travel Center of America – 5600 Nittany Valley Drive, Lamar
- 30. Travel Centers of America – 10835 John Wayne Drive, Greencastle
- 31. Travel Centers of America – 1201 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle
- 32. Travel Centers of America – 245 Allegheny Boulevard, Brookville
- 33. Travel Centers of America – 6 Buckhorn Road, Bloomsburg
—Sign up for PennLive’s newsletters
Thanks for visiting PennLive. Quality local journalism has never been more important. We need your support. Not a subscriber yet? Please consider supporting our work.
Credit: Source link