You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts to never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
The full list of FreightWaves media can be streamed via the FreightWavesTV app available for your smartphone, Apple TV, Roku and Fire TV. The app is free on all platforms.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
Midday Market Update
- Guns, drugs and drivers
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Hunter Whirley, managing partner-operations, FPC Riverwood; John Gallagher, chief Washington Correspondent, FreightWaves; and Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
- Viewers are encouraged to comment and call in during broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon ET on FreightWaves’ Linkedin and Facebook channels.
- Can automotive get back in gear?
- This episode features Kyle Lintner, principal and managing director at K-Ratio; Alan Adler, Detroit bureau chief at FreightWaves; and Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Former brokerage employee speaks out against racism
- Dooner and The Dude talk about allegations of racism against a major U.S. 3PL by former employees, plus the state of driver recruitment in 2020, mental health in the supply chain, and a brokerage CEO who went OTR this week.
- This episode features FreightWaves CEO and Founder Craig Fuller; Wayne Cragg, owner-operator; Stan Duncan, senior recruiter, Tallgrass Freight Co.; Kalvin Mitchell, truck driver, Werner; and Nicole Scroggins and Selwyn Baptiste, formerly of BlueGrace Logistics.
- Will concealed carry law improve trucker safety?
- Dooner and The Dude discuss the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2019, GE’s next round of job cuts and this week in freight.
- This episode features Ellen Voie, founder of Women In Trucking; Erik Hansen, customer experience rep, Dispatch; and Greg Ackner, vice president, Capital Logistics LLC.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market as we dive deeper into rates and volumes.
- And, Emily Szink with this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning buried treasure, Coca-Cola, Elon Musk, Amazon and more.
Put That Coffee Down
- Is your sales game ready for the second half of 2020?
- Dooner and Hill talk about entering the second half of the sales cycle strong. They discuss tips for evaluating and supercharging your pipeline to make sure you head back out on the sales floor at peak performance.
- This episode features special guest Brent Orsuga, founder and president at Pinnacle Growth Advisors.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- What goes down, must come up … Wait, no.
- Anthony and Zach discuss the hours-of-service exemption, consumer prices and other recent macroeconomic releases. Dr. Zac Rogers makes an appearance to review the latest LMI findings and the direction of the logistics industry.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Can Nikola unseat the Ford F-150?
- Andrew and Kevin are joined again by fellow Freight Intel Group member Seth Holm to discuss the state of the automotive industry and how quickly it can recover.
- Special thanks as always to our friends at CarrierDirect for their research contributions.
- The Professor of Trucking gives his measure of the market
- Steve Burks was a truck driver in an earlier professional capacity. He also earned his bachelor’s degree, his master’s degree and then his Ph.D. He’s a professor of economics at the University of Minnesota-Morris, where he continues to research truck drivers and the markets where they ply their trade.
- He joins the Drilling Deep podcast this week along with host John Kingston to offer his views on the state of a market whose decline, he says, is radically different from the declines of the past, many of which he dealt with firsthand.
- We also talk about a set of numbers: the price of retail diesel versus the price of wholesale diesel. It’s a spread that had been frustrating to drivers as they kept hearing about the price of crude oil falling and they weren’t seeing any benefit. The relationship was completely out of whack. But as happens in markets, it no longer is. John will discuss what happened.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”
Credit: Source link