Leece-Neville has introduced a comprehensive offering of new starters and alternators designed specifically for school buses.
With innovative IdlePro and IdlePro Extreme alternators and the PowerPro Extreme 5 starter motor, as well as the 4000 series of high-amp alternators, Prestolite and Leece-Neville says their products are engineered to help ensure consistent power at the start and then to every vital vehicle system – cameras, air conditioning, wheelchair lifts, warning lights, and more – even at idle. For decades, Prestolite says it has worked closely with original equipment manufacturers and school districts to develop alternators and starters that meet the unique electrical load requirements of school buses.
“We’re proud to be the go-to provider for original equipment manufacturers and a preferred aftermarket supplier of alternators and starters to school bus garages across the country,” says Jonathan Smith, assistant director of sales and marketing, Prestolite. “And with our hassle-free ‘Prestolite Power Promise’ warranty, school bus technicians can count on us to keep their buses moving.”
Features of the IdlePro and IdlePro Extreme alternators include:
- 2V, 210- and 240-amp outputs available in a dual internal fan design
- 12V, 280-, 325-, 350- and 420-amp outputs available in a best-in-class brushless design
- Minimum of 63 percent to 90 percent of a unit’s rated maximum output at engine idle (certain applications)
- Remote sense capable – returns battery to full charge between stops and reduces overall charging time
- Rated up to 125°C – ideal for the high-temperature environment commonly found in school bus applications
- eCoated, heavy-duty housing to reduce corrosion and improve vibration resistance
- All new, no core
Features of the PowerPro Extreme 5 starters include:
- 12V, 5kW starting power – industry-leading performance in 6- to 10-liter engines
- Weighs 21.5 lb.
- All new, no core
- Sealed and noseless design to protect against dust, oil and other contaminants
- Planetary gear reduction design for higher torque/speed and less power consumption
- Integral Magnetic Switch technology to eliminate voltage drops
- Soft start relay technology to prevent ring gear damage
Credit: Source link