- The Tesla Cybertruck debuted in late 2019.
- CEO Elon Musk compared it with both the Ford F-150 and the Porsche 911.
- The F-150 is the bestselling pickup truck in the US, and the 911 is the best sports car money can buy.
- The Cybertruck actually could combine the best of the F-150 and the 911.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk rarely holds back.
So when the Tesla Cybertruck was unveiled last year, the design blew minds — nobody expected a wildly futuristic pickup made from stainless steel. It looked like it was ready to take on space travel, which makes sense, given that Musk has said he wants to use his other company, SpaceX, to help him retire on Mars.
Musk riled up pickup partisans when he compared the Cybertruck to the market-leading Ford F-150. And he also tweaked the sports-car world when he said that his electric pickup could outdo the Porsche 911.
But how does the Cybertruck really stack up against these legends? As it turns out, I’ve driven the F-150 last year, and I recently drove a pair of 911s.
Here’s the tale of the tape:
Credit: Source link